Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a strong Foundation when the wind shifts

Because I am so in Love with you I have a rhythm in my head
constantly bouncing round and round, round and round,
round and round again.
Because I am so in Love with you words begin to flow
in synchrometric meterstick thoughts I think
I forgot how to know.
Because I am so in Love with you their collision begins to melt the page.
Soon page after page after page after page 
after page are all up
in flame.
Because I am so in Love with you I take time to say the right things.
Love is the pursuit of perfection.  Poetry
is a conversation
that sings.  Because I am so in Love with you
I might not sleep tonight.  In fact, I may not sleep this week--
if it means to you I write.  Because I am so in Love
with you I feel like new cliches, which
you and I will defy together
forever, until we exit left stage.  Because I am so in Love 
with you I am not afraid to reframe the refrain.  Change
is a good thing--even a great thing--
so long as at least one thing
stays the same:  Because I am so in Love with you
we lay in my bed till late evening.

4/15/09 1:58 am

No comments:

Post a Comment